Let us help you provide an accurate sex offender registry and active community notification...
Notification is Prevention Foundation (NIPF) is a nonprofit corporation that promotes reliable information to the public concerning sexual offenders living in their community. We provide information, training and support to enable state and local law enforcement agencies to develop effective sex offender education programs to support Megan’s Law and the Adam Walsh Act.
NIPF provides proven processes, tools, and training to law enforcement establishing or improving sex offender notification and education programs. As a service to assist law enforcement, probation, and parole officers NIPF provides a direct mail notification service. This is the only service of this kind in the country that is targeted to this type of community notification.
NIPF notification mailing services are cost effective and help reduce liability to Law Enforcement Agencies:
NIPF Notification Services
NIPF is Very Cost Effective
- NIPF Offers Consistent, High Quality Printed Notification mailings on 8 ½ x 5 ½ cardstock.
- The Department’s logo and note to the public is on every notice to lend it credibility and builds public awareness of the program.
- Addresses are targeted by radial map (in feet or miles around offender's address, depending on local statutes).
- All notification mailing are mailed within 24-48 hours after the order is received.
- NIPF averages 30 offender notification mailings per day with an average of 400 mail pieces per offender. Annually this exceeds 3 million notifications mailed.
- Currently NIPF provides our mailing notification service to over 500counties nationwide.
- Sending mail notifications is an easy five step process.
NIPF Reduces Liability to the Department
- NIPF saves our clients on average over 200,000 “man hours” per year, no more using officers to phone citizens, deliver flyers, place ads, handle mailing lists, print addresses and apply postage, this also saves on fuel costs and wear and tear on officers vehicles.
- The addresses for notification mailings are certified deliverable by the US Post Office.
- Accurate addressing means there is no wasted postage.
- Concerned citizens or the press can be referred to NIPF.
- NIPF keeps a database of mail notification for 2 years on each address.
- NIPF logs each mail notification and tracks where it was sent.
- NIPF provides an online tool that tells if a citizen’s address is within a specified radius of an offender’s address